Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Trends of Google

While I was searching the web for something to blog about, I came upon Google Trends, lets you know what other people are searching about and what the hottest topics are. So I figured these things would be good topics to talk about....

The number one searched thing at the time this blog is being written is 'zenel'....what the heck is zenel? I looked on wikipedia and dictionary.com and came up with nothing, but 9% of the activity was from New York.....Thanks Google, but that doesn't help me.

So lets move on from zenel to something I should talk about. Ahh, how about number six on Google Trends right now. Tourette Syndrome. I could go on for hours, but that would be really boring and I don't want to do that. It is an inherited neuropsychiatric disorder with onset in childhood, characterized by the presence of multiple physical (motor) tics and at least one vocal (phonic) tic; these tics characteristically wax and wane...That according to Wikipedia.

Now that I have appealed to all of the trendy people, I can talk to the trendy-impaired. Lets look at Google Trends' number 100, the least trendy thing they advertise, Ben Sheets. So after doing some research on Ben Sheets I found out that the Milwaukee Brewers' right-handed pitcher is pretty good. Other than that I really don't care, I never liked the non-trendy people anyways.

So all in all, I think if you have Tourettes, like the Milwaukee Brewers, and eat zenel......then you are a pretty trendy person. If not, thats ok. By these standards, I am not a very trendy person, but that just goes to show what Google knows. I think you are all trendy, even if you don't bow down to the omnipotency that is the Google. I think of you as no more of a small person than the person who does.

That being said, I think that ends my trendy talk about Google Trends and how you should probably stay away from it unless you want to catch a disease or something.

On another note, make sure that you keep sending us ideas for the podcast, for the blogs, and vote in the poll.

We are now also on iTunes! Go check it out, download the show and listen to it on the go!

No comments: